Thursday, September 8, 2016

Tilda with Daisies and Mushrooms


Hello, Friends! I know it seems a bit early but I had to start digging out my autumn stamps because our mornings are getting brisk here in Colorado. Autumn is very close upon us so I felt an urge to make a fall themed card.


I decided to color Tilda with Daisies and Mushrooms from the Turning Leaves collection. I used some pretty Maja Design papers that I have in my hoard stash. These are from the Walking in the Forest collection. I still have several sheets left to use for some scrapbook pages and cards. I also used Bazzill cardstock, my favorite, for the card base and some of the die cuts.


I’ve been coloring with Distress Inks more as well because it’s very relaxing. I need to work on my backgrounds a bit to get them smoother and I like to use darker shadows to really make the image pop. You are sure to see more DI coloring from me.

I still love my Copics but I can color an image in half an hour so it is not as relaxing. DIs take me a bit longer and it helps to reduce stress.


Here’s a close up of Tilda.

Challenges:

Craft-Dee Bowz – Anything Goes include a handmade bow
Simply Magnolia – Anything Goes
ABC Challenge – O is for Open (Anything Goes)
The Ribbon Girl – Card Challenge (Anything Goes)
Craft Your Passion – Anything Goes
Time for a Magnolia Challenge – Glitter/Bling and Lace
Noor Design September Challenge – Flowers and Lace

Thanks for popping in to visit and have a great weekend…

Hugz,

11 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

beautiful card Cathy!! love the colours too and thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl Card Challenge, and best of luck, Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

Vicky said...

Oh this is fabulous Cathy hun love the Autumn feel of it, the colours are stunning. Your colouring is fabulous hun, I totally agree about DI's being more relaxing.......makes me feel like an artist...which I'm very far from but hey I can pretend lol.
Thank you for joining us over at Noor Design UK, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Vicki said...

Your card is gorgeous, Cathy! Wow, I love all of the wonderful details and your coloring is fabulous. Beautiful bows! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ September Challenge, "Anything goes and include a handmade bow".

Terry's Scrapbooks said...

Love this gorgeous card! So perfect for fall. ((HUGS))

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Marrie said...

Your card is so lovely!!!
Thank you for joining us at Time For Magnolia.

Greetings Marrie DT member TFMC

Creative world said...

Gorgeous design and perfect coloring ...thank you for joining us at CRAFT YOUR PASSION CHALLENGE
Ċ½eljka DT

Kat W said...

I always think Autumn colours are gorgeous and those Maja papers are so beautiful, but it's your fabulous colouring that really steals the show here; it's just superb!
Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Ribbon Girl!
Kat x

Barbara Bruder said...

Hi Cathy, This is such a pretty fall card. I love your bows and all the great embellishments.Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

Diana said...

Love your card!! It's very beautiful, thanks for joinig us at TFMC.
Hugs, Diana

laurigami said...

So fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Simply Magnolia. hugs
laurigami

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...